Liebster Award connects new bloggers to each other. I love taking part in online ‘games’ and I am appreciative of fellow blogger Maggie Thom who nominated me to take part. The aim is to help new bloggers connect with one another and I love reading blog posts from the bloggers I have nominated below.
First… here are the rules
The Rules of the Award:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers, but I’ve been flexible here) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 Facts About Myself
1. I love writing. Poetry, short stories, information on self-confidence, metaphysical stuff, spiritual stuff
2. I am a serial blogger. I have different blogs and one under a pen name. Somedays I wish I had kept them all in one place.
3. I love food. Most kinds and plenty of it.
4. I believe that self-confidence is about more than the shallow “get white teeth, wear nice clothes, put some makeup on” and goes much deeper into self-belief, worth and spiritual connection.
5. I can be hard on myself, especially when it comes to what I write, and have to remind myself to lighten up.
6. I spent 8 weeks living in the Caribbean (Dominica) with my mum when I was 14 years old and have loved the heat and sunshine ever since.
7. Despite achieving some big goals I have a number of little ones I want to start focusing on like playing the guitar and learning a language.
8. Growing up I was a total tomboy. Played football, cricket and hung out with boys.
9. I spent every day topless on a beach when I was on holiday in Corfu. I was 18 and very shy. I still wonder how I managed to do that!
10. I have a fascination for all things ‘alternative’ and new age.
11. I always hated the fact that I was ‘different’ growing up until I managed to embrace who I was and say “vive la différence”
Now that you have 11 facts about me the next part of this award is to answer the questions that were set for me…
11 Questions From Maggie Thom
1. What makes you smile?
Loads of things. Funny things very young children say. Watching a cat in front of a mirror. Past memories.
2. What’s your favorite song?
I can honestly say I don’t have a ‘favorite’ anything. I have things I love in the moment but then something else comes along and I love that instead (or more) so my favorite song for right now has to be
Get It Together – Seal
Looking forward to playing that guitar solo myself one day soon…
3. Extrovert or introvert?
Definitely a proud, passionate and self-assured INTROVERT…
4. Singer in the car?
Always. Whatever is on at the time. Particularly fond members of “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder and singing that out loud.
5. Weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
Tried to get a complete bunch of strangers talking to each other on a train (it was an assignment set on a life changing course I was on at the time)
6. Your favorite dessert?
Anything smothered in custard. Going back to the ‘I don’t have favorites’ there are a number of deserts I love and they are all hot and smothered in custard. Apple Pie. Apple Crumble. Jam Roly Poly. Spotted Dick… being English deserts my American cousins might have to look them up 🙂
7. Best book you’ve ever read?
So far out of all the books I have read I would say the best is “Feel the Fear and do it anyway” because it has stuck with me for life. I may be afraid of what I am about to do but I am going to walk through that fear and do it anyway. It is very empowering for me to think that way.
8. Best advice you’ve ever been given?
Being “obsessed” about your goals. Don’t just plan them and work towards them, think about them, dream about them, talk about them (watch who you talk to about them), visualize them, believe in your ability to achieve them, affirm your desires to experience them…
9. The neatest and best thing you’ve ever done for someone else?
Let them have my last chocolate 🙂
10. Something you’ve done that’s a lot of fun?
Run out in the rain and got totally soaked. Splashed about and had fun. At first I was running back to avoid getting (my hair) wet but eventually I decided to stop and embrace the fact that Mother Nature was ‘baptizing’ me. I never made a fuss about getting caught in rain again although that was in the Caribbean and getting caught in the rain in England in the winter is not so much fun. I do still do my best to embrace it though.
11. If you could be anyone famous who would that be?
So very cliche but it would have to be Oprah because she represents the highest physical human being I would love to be on a grand scale.
Choose 11 People
I am now going to choose and link to 11 bloggers so I can read their answers to these questions. A helpful tip – if you link to a specific blog post you will find the blogger in question that you select will be automatically notified via their WordPress blog:
2. BohPo (my sistah alter ego…)
3. Lila’s Twist
4. Layonie Jae
5. It’s my life
9. Muse Shack
10. LaKesha Womack
11. Doc Wellness
11 Questions for the people I have nominated
Here are my 11 questions that I look forward to reading on your blog. Feel free to come back and leave a link to it in the comment section below.
1. Why do you write/blog?
2. What’s the one place/country/event/festival you want to see before you die?
3. How many times have you said “I love you” in the last week?
4. How do you motivate yourself to keep going when things get tough?
5. When was the last time you set and completed a goal?
6. Cats or Dogs?
7. Nurture or nature – which do you believe in the most?
8. If you could talk to your teenage self now what would you say to her/him?
9. If you could live in another country (please pick one totally different to your own) which country would it be and why?
10. Do you passionately support a team? If yes, who are they? If not, why not?
11. What one film do you love to watch over and over and over again?
That’s me all done. Enjoyed doing this and putting it together. I look forward to reading 11 more Liebster Award 2013 blog posts.